Thursday, August 30, 2012

LATEST PROJECT



Howdy All.
My latest project is this '77 Triumph Bonneville - T140 750cc.
My first kick start bike (except for the dirt bike I had in high school, that doesn't count).
I bought it off of PSYCHO a couple weeks ago who had it sittin' under a tree for a couple years. He says it was running when he parked it.. but it couldn't have been running well!  LOL
The pistons were stuck in the cylinders - engine all locked up, oil tank was cracked and falling off the bike, gas tanks full of rust, dual carbs had stuck slides (and most likely floats), fuel and oil lines are hosed, flat tire in the front, rear master cylinder inoperable, speedometer cable broke, etc. etc.
I think RUST is holding it together.
So.. here we go.
I'm working on getting it all up and running again.
Wish me luck.
This is actually going to be fun.. Until 2 weeks ago, I knew nothing of British Bikes.
We'll see.

LIVE TO RIDE - RIDE TO LIVE
ICEMAN